When first developed analytics required powerful servers with complex infrastructures, widely popular for corporate or government systems.
The past decade has seen the reliability and effectiveness of surveillance video analytics vastly improve, making accessibility of the software gain widespread growth. Developments in camera and server processing technology have allowed for analytics to run on them alone even when running multiple video streams or other applications.
As an accurate surveillance solution analytics can be used by users in a wide variety of environments including airports, bars, retail outlets, stadiums and so on. End users gain invaluable analytical data that can be intelligently used to strengthen business operations, health & safety, personnel management, video evidence retrieval and archiving of relevant information.
The capabilities of Genie’s WISH surveillance systems are significantly boosted with the introduction of its new analytics firmware. Built into Genie’s latest H.265 network recorders from their flagship WISH range. The analytics firmware provides its users’ more reliable information benefiting from the following features:
- Camera Mask – An alarm based event is generated if something is placed over the front of a camera. For example someone’s hand or an object
- Camera Scene Change – An alarm based event is generated if a cameras field of view suddenly changes – for example, if someone suddenly turns a camera to face a wall.
- Object Added or Removed from the location – By programming predefined areas, objects either left or added to the region are detected and will generate an alarm. This would be ideal for securing objects of value or areas where items/vehicles shouldn’t be left unattended.
- Intrusion Detection – Detects when a person or vehicle enters the area. Ideal for monitoring areas normally with a low footfall
- Line Crossing (A>B) (B>A) (A<>B) – A “tripwire” application that detects moving objects that cross a virtual line, making it possible to automatically trigger an alarm based on an event. Users can set up a maximum of 4 different tripwires, defining the direction they are triggered. This is ideal for monitoring entry and exit points or areas where vehicles/ people should be travelling in a certain direction.
With a user friendly GUI setup is easy, allowing users to select the camera and the intelligence feature they would like to run. Depending on the feature the user can set the parameters they would like to monitor, set trigger times, chose from a video pop up alert, email alert or both. Once settings are saved, the user can watch as the video intelligence takes action on their monitor.
The software helps to highlight the unusual from the ordinary, providing the operator with reliable information that helps identifies suspicious activity. Which in turn helps reaction time and quickly report the incident to a response team or emergency services.
Users will benefit from the support of Genie’s FREE analytics software features when using the combination of H.265 cameras that operate with the 4.1.0 firmware (compatible models listed below) and, NVRs from the flagship WISH range. Creating an intelligent surveillance solution to keep both personnel and assets safe.
The FREE analytics features are supported by Genie WISH H.265 Network Recorders purchased from 1st July onwards. For more information on our H.265 Analytics and other products, please speak to our sales team on 01707 330 541.